Thursday, May 8, 2008

Wish me luck!!!

Everyone wish my luck, tomorrow I am defending my Master's thesis proposal in front of the Politics department, eeek! Big day. After I hear their comments, I submit it to the Higher Degrees Committee and they either reject it or accept it. If they accept it, I can start (or keep) working on my thesis. If they reject it.... I'm going to have some extra time on my hands next semester. :)

My thesis is on the Politicization of AIDS in South African politics. Or, if you are really curious, here are the first couple of lines from my proposal---

“Explaining the Politics of AIDS: A critical examination of the South African state response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic”

I propose to examine possible explanations for the nature of the political response to HIV/AIDS in South Africa, specifically, the apparent inability of the state to exercise effective leadership and deal decisively with the HIV/AIDS epidemic and a continued adherence to inadequate treatment and prevention policies despite the alarming scale of the epidemic.


As I just read that through again, I realized I have a major grammatical mistake already. Oh my. I am REALLY going to need that luck!

1 comment:

Kim Fletcher said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go, Haley!
Love,
Mom