Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

This is a picture of the most amazing mother in the world. I couldn't have done anything that I've done without her incredible love and support. Every day of my life she told me that I could do anything that I wanted to do, and instilled in me the belief that anything is possible if I was willing to work for it. She has been the epitome of unconditional love despite the fact that I have put her through far more than her fair share of 'adventures' as a mom. This lady is crazy brave as well, she travelled with me to India and is coming this summer with my dad to South Africa, she straps herself into boats and floats down the Grand Canyon, and scares away bears and snakes with her bear bells on hikes through the wilderness. While I was growing up, she never missed a performance (no matter how small a part I had), game (no matter how bad I played), match, speech, etc. and on top of that was THE best fan/coach/fundraiser around. By the end of watching approximately 1000 basketball games through my and Brian's careers, she can now tell you the rules of the game as well as any referee. :)

Now that she's technically an empty nester, she has only picked up more involvement in the community and is now in the process of designing a new library for our hometown, as well as being the president of her PEO club and an ever active member of the Lions club, all while working full time.

I'm not giving even partial justice to the things that she does, but even more important is who is she is. She is a rock in our family. I have heard again and again from extended family on both sides, as well as from her friends - she is a source of strength and energy, and when you are loved by her, you have a champion on your side. I am lucky to have half of her genes.

Mom, you are truly an inspiration and I hope that I am able to give even a fraction of the love you have shown me to the people in my life. Happy Mother's Day!!!!!

1 comment:

Kim Fletcher said...

LOL!!! Yes, you are my VERY BIGGEST ADVENTURE!!! And I love you to pieces and am so proud to be your mom.
Love you always!