Monday, June 18, 2012

How Willie Nelson helped me get over jet lag

So my Monday evening went something like this:
After an amazing ceviche and guacamole dinner, my friends and I walk out of the restaurant planning to go to the grocery store.
I was wondering how in the world I was going to stay awake long enough to beat jet lag.
Then we see Willie Nelson's tour buses all sitting outside.  
The next thing I knew, we had tickets in hand and were looking for our seats.
While we waited for Willie to come out, Tim and Liz played 'stay awake' games with me.. and then let me take a littttttle nap.  
But as soon as Willie came out and the house-sized Texas flag was dropped, I knew the jet lag was no match. 
Sing it Willie!
That VOICE!


I didn't think it was possible to love these two people any more than I already did, but learning that my friends are up for an impromptu Willie Nelson night just took me to a whole new level of love, appreciation and respect for them.  

Thank you Tim and Liz for bringing 'stay awake games' Willie sing-alongs and spontaneity to Monday nights!
I've never had such fun beating jet lag!

No comments: