Friday, January 23, 2009

Obama's Inaguration - Israel Style

I have had a truly international perspective regarding Obama's rise to the presidency... I watched the primaries, voted and watched the election in South Africa, saw the aftermath of the election in Kenya, and watched the inauguration in Israel.

After the EXTREME excitement radiating through Africa over Obama's election, it was a bit of a downer to see Israel's. They are not such fans, let me tell you. In fact, I would say that overall, they are somewhere between nervous and short of hostile. I think there is fear that there will be a massive change in foreign policy (please yes) and that Israel won't be quite as "in."


Regardless, I celebrated with other Americans on that historic day. We watched from the student center, where they fed us pizza and beer in true American style, and played the festivities on a big screen - ironically, we watched it all on Fox news ;)

This is my super excited terrible picture saying "I was here kids!" I think no matter what your politics are, it can be said that it was a huge day for American politics.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: