Friday, July 23, 2010

I Espeak Espanish!

Oh my goodness I forgot how much I love love LOVE spanish...

The fact that I walk down the street and hear it makes me happy.
And the fact that the signs are written in it makes me happy.
And the face that I remembered more than 3 words makes me happy.
And when I successfully have a conversation, I don't even know what to do with myself.

PS - the fact that the last 3 nights i have stayed up late reading the dictionary may mean I have hit a new level of nerdiness.
PPS - my chacos smell worse than ANYTHING should ever be allowed to smell.  How is it possible that two slabs of nylon and rubber could reek so much?
PPS - It has rained non-stop since I got here.  I could write an entire poem about how much I love my poncho.

PPPPS - Did I even say that I'm in the Dominican Republic??

I AM IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.
 
A small mystery animal just ran across the floor.  I hope it wasn't a rat.
Although... there may be worse possibilities.  I'm not sure.
Let's hope for the best.

xoxox

3 comments:

Jen said...

ha.

for real, why do they smell so darn bad? ugh. i will spend a good portion of my paycheck on shoes they can prove wont get stinky. do those exist?

yay dominican.

Kent said...

Spray them lightly with water - then sprinkle baking soda heavily on them- leave the baking soda on them at least 12 hours.
After the 12 hours rinse them off and let them dry in the sun.
The smell should be gone.

If baking soda does not work then try the same procedure with white vinegar. The vinegar may fade or change the color of your chacos.

If all else fails then try dipping them in to a bucket of water that has 2 cups of bleach in it. Rinse them off and sun dry them.

InHisGrip said...

my family and I lived in the Dom Rep for 3 years. It was a great experience.