I rolled back into Denver last night at 1am.
and my head is spinning a little because of the fact that tomorrow i'll be back in Africa.
today is stress day, since i have the inability to transition in a normal manner.
indulge me for a minute - - - - -
taking advantage of all of these amazing opportunities..
sometimes makes me a little tired.
and i just want things like:
- a plant
- a comfortable couch
- my own plates and forks
- consistent electricity and internet
- an income where i do more than break even
- to be able to call/see/snuggle with my fam/friends when i want
- a car
- to be in one place for more than a few months
- not to have to worry about catching malaria or bilharzia
- a porch
- and a fireplace
- flushing toilets with toilet paper that isn't dyed green
- to be with my fiance for more than a couple of days..
- or at least in the same time zone..
- or even same continent
- to not live out of a suitcase
- to throw dinner parties
- to be able to take yoga classes
- to speak the same first language as the people around me
- to not be stared at for looking or dressing differently
- to be able to plan my wedding
- to be able to attend my friend's weddings and birthday parties
- to be able to eat food that i like..
- like fresh leafy veggies..
- and berries..
- and not worry that they will make me super sick
- to not have to think about malaria pills
but then i think about it a little harder
and my heart starts pumping
and i remember that i actually really, really love this
and i pack my bags again.
see you in September.