Monday, June 23, 2008

Livingstone, Zambia

Hello from Zambia!
This is just a quick note---
I spent a lovely couple of days with Victor in Cape Town, meeting his friends, spending some time with Jeannie, going to the best farmer's market ever...
And then on Saturday, my parents arrived!!!!

We had a spectacular and chaotic 36 hours in Cape Town, where we managed to cram in a tour of Robben Island, a trip to the Cape of Good Hope, an adventurous outing to see penguins (it is mating season... watch out), and several lovely meals with good friends, (even running into one of my friends from Rhodes and her parents!!)
This morning, we woke up at an ungodly hour, and took off for Zambia. We arrived this afternoon and I am already in love with this country. I love the smell, the red dirt, the amazing smiles from the people here --- more details later, but the second we landed I my heart just swelled.

Tomorrow we are going to see Victoria Falls, and the next day we are headed to Botswana.
And we are traveling CLASSSSSY--- I don't even know what to do with myself. I didn't even know this nice of places existed on this continent. We have certainly upgraded from the way I normally travel. :) Tonight we are staying at possibly the nicest resort I have ever seen. I have also seen more Americans here than I have the entire rest of my 6 months in Africa combined.

It is so incredible to see my parents and be able to share this adventure with them.
They are so much fun to travel with.

More soon, this adventure is just beginning...
much love

PS - We miss you Brian, hardly an hour goes by without one of us saying that we wish you were here. you would love it. love you.

2 comments:

Jen said...

lots of pictures. i need lots of pictures

Victor said...

Wow! It seems amazingly fun over there. Enjoy.