Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Counting down..

Happy New Year!!

Hello! This blog will hopefully serve as a means to communicate with my family, friends and the Rotarians who so generously have given me the opportunity to serve as a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar to South Africa.

I will be leaving the United States on January 9th, and two days of layovers later, I will arrive in Cape Town for 3 weeks of Xhosa (pronounced "click"- hosa) training. On February 4th I will arrive in my new home for the next year - Grahamstown, South Africa.

While I'm in Grahamstown, I will be studying International Studies at Rhodes University.

I think it just dawned on me this past week that all of this is reality and is really happening.

This scholarship is such a phenomenal opportunity, and I cannot thank Rotary enough for the chance to travel and study in Southern Africa. I will provide more details over the year, but if you are interested in more information about the Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship, follow the link.

I will update this blog as often as possible during my year abroad, so stay tuned!

Here's to the adventure that is 2008!

No comments: