Saturday, January 19, 2008

I. LOVE. PENGUINS.




Posted by PicasaOn the map, Cape Town is situated near the most southwestern tip of Africa, only about a 30 minute drive from the Cape of Good Hope. On Thursday, Victor, Jeannie and took off after our Xhosa lessons and drove (again in the pink Bug) to Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope. On the way, we took a stop at St. James beach (where the colorful beach houses line the beach) and Boulder Beach (where the penguins live!). At the first beach we attempted to swim, hearing that it was one of the warmest beaches around (my legs went numb), but quickly gave up and headed for the penguins. I cannot describe to you how excited I was to see real, live, in the wild penguins. I talked about it so much that everyone I was with was rather sick of me. It was worth every bit of the excitement. (this is my opinion, others I was with disagreed) They have to be one of the strangest animals ever. I'll spare you paragraphs of detail about the penguins, but do look at the pictures - they are fascinating.

No comments: