Friday, November 30, 2012

Thankful in Chicago

This year was a special Thanksgiving, because my little brother and sis-in-law hosted us in the Windy City!  We flew straight from Prague to Chicago to make it in time for the big day.  I was SO excited to get to spend some quality time with J and B, and to get to see their life in Chicago.
When we arrived at their apartment, they had left us welcome bags, complete with all of our favorite treats and little gifts to get us through the week.  SO sweet.
The first night, B and J to us out to dinner to celebrate my birthday - it was incredible, such a fun meal, and so fun to get to sit down all together and catch up.
 While my brother was at work the next day, I had the chance to meet up with an old and dear friend who I met on my study abroad program in 2003.  No matter how long its been, or what all has happened in our lives, whenever we get the chance to meet up it feels like old times.  Love her.
 It was T's first time in Chicago, so we spent quite a bit of time wandering around and taking in the city.  Clearly this brought on deep thoughts.
 We couldn't go to Chicago without a deep dish pizza! 
 One of the coolest things was when my brother took us out on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade.  We got to see it all in action and see where he spends his days.
We had to stop for a Tom and Jerry at the place where they started!
More touring..

The bean reflection!  Can you find us?

 The big day - my brother preparing what became the hit of the Thanksgiving meal... pork belly tacos (I know, we didn't think it would go over either - how wrong we were).
Since we were far away from the rest of our family, we had to do a little Skypey session :)
 We had our meal over at one of my brother's friends place.  It was an amazing spread of food, and sooo wonderful to get to know a few of their friends.


 The week went way too fast, but that just means we need to go visit again super soon.  Love these guys. (Note our red noses - Chicago is COLD!!)

No comments: