Sunday, May 2, 2010

I made it.

I made it to New Haven.
I'm in my room, with Spring breeze coming in through my windows.
IKEA dresser assembled.
(I am preeettttty proud of myself for that, though I did have a PhD in Mechanical Engineering help me)
Lots of relocating stories to follow.

Biggest take-away was that this country is phenomenally beautiful.
I also stayed with beautiful people the whole way, so that brightened it up.
The drive actually felt like a vacation.
I would do it again the exact way I did it.

Thanks to everyone who offered meals and beds and warm wishes.
I went to the Farmer's Market and the beach this weekend.

First day of work is tomorrow.
I met a lot of co-workers this weekend.
Love. Them.
Love my new roommie.
 Love my new neighborhood.

Pretty happy with life right about now.





2 comments:

Jen said...

i am ready for one gazillion pictures.

Emily Boland said...

Glad you made it safe. You just made me really want to take a road trip. Hope you'll be accepting visitors this time next year.