Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Inspired - NHCC

Yesterday I visited the site of our partner organization, New Hope for Cambodian Children.  It is a children's village for children abandoned because they are HIV positive, and it is just beautiful.  It is a place where love is tangible and visible.

Being there brought back a lot of memories of another children's village close to my heart, McKallie's Home of Future and Hope in Malawi, Africa. 

Both of these places are founded and run by people with a vision and a calling and passion that I wouldn't even be able to believe if I hadn't seen it first hand.
 
I left NHCC yesterday feeling touched, energized, inspired and with a renewed sense that anything is possible.  I am so excited to spend more time at the village this August, and this will definitely not be the last time I mention the amazing work happening there.

I am so grateful I've had the opportunity to get to be involved with these two organizations and others like them. There are too many beautiful things happening that we could be putting our energy into to be consumed by the negative things.  There is good stuff happening out there. Let's celebrate that good work and support that good work, and push forward. 

xo

No comments: