Thursday, June 24, 2010

Things I love so far about Vietnam.

1. Eating pho for breakfast.

2. Iced Cafe su Do.  I think the love comes mainly from the sweetened condensed milk part.

3.  How every time I ask someone how to say a word in Vietnamese,  they come back at me with something that I cannot even imagine pronouncing.  And then I try.  And then they laugh.

4.  The hats.  Seeing women in these hats was my "Whoa you are in Vietnam!!! moment."  You know:

5. Working with the local team to plan camp training.  They are fan.tas.tic.

6. Dodging about 7000 motos every time we cross the street.

7. Remember how much I love working cross-culturally.

8. Realizing I really, really, really love my job.  Even more than I thought was possible.  I woke up this morning before my alarm and even though I am super anxious about how much we have to accomplish - I can't wait to start the day.

Current Status: Challenged, ridiculously happy and ready for my morning pho!

PS - I stole the Current Status idea from my fabulous friend K.C.  It might stick.

No comments: