Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekend in New York City

A couple of weeks ago, I made a trip to Connecticut and New York for a job interview (that had a very happy ending!!)  After all my interview business was done, I got to explore the city a little and play.  It had been quite a while since I have traveled alone, and I forgot what an adventure it is to figure out a new place all on your own.. I got to learn to navigate the subway system, orient myself (a big feat for someone with serious directional dysfunction), choose where to explore, read my book in all sorts of fabulous cafe's, and soak it all in - all in pouring rain.

I loved it.

Here I am in Central Park, moments before I burst into (happy) tears in the midst of a 
"whoa I am extra-incredibly blessed" moment.
 Beautiful, colorful bark.
 Magical
 Statue on the corner of Central Park.
 Times Square
Times Square Self-Portrait :)
It poured rain, so I cafe hopped and ate my way up Broadway....

A beautiful, wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Jen said...

oh fun! i want to share one of those cheesecakes soon. i like the bark art.