Wednesday, April 23, 2008

indeed too good to be true

the internet people have been coming to my house now... for 8 days. I asked them on the first day which day they would be done... they said tomorrow. I asked them on the second day which day they would be done... they said tomorrow. I asked them on the third day which day they would be done... you get the point. They didn't come back today, I don't know what that means. It really isn't a very big deal - I can walk to a computer lab easily. Almost nothing else about the different ways of working bother me at all - i understand when shops are closed for hours at a time in the middle of the day for no reason, or when the waiter suddenly disappears and takes 2 hours to bring our food... all of this is part of the experience of living in South Africa. The internet thing, though, is driving me crazy. I think its more because I keep expecting it to be installed and ready to go when I go home every day. Anyway, any of you who are waiting for me to have skpe... we're still waiting. Maybe we should just give in and buy a lot of phone cards. ;)

No comments: