Monday, September 10, 2012

NYC 2 DC

My Labor Day weekend (extended by a day), was nothing short of dreamy.  I got to spend some time and explore two amazing cities - NYC and DC - that never cease to make my heart beat harder.
But more importantly, I got to spend that time with two of my oldest and dearest friends.  The more I travel, the more I see, the more I value reuniting with the people I care about most and finding ways to squeeze out some quality time.  There is nothing that energizes, grounds or inspires me more.
And when exploring an inspiring place gets combined with reuniting with inspiring people... and then multiplied by two... that's when you start to get to the dreamy level.
Here's a glimpse:
The trip started in View from the High Line in NYC - my new favorite spot in the city.
yep.
Picnic in Central Park
our bicycles.  EVEN THOUGH I lost the fight over renting a tandem bicycle and checking an item off my LIFE LONG bucket list, regular bikes were still ok.  Ok, they were amazing.
my co-explorer.
And then I took a BUS to DC.  And... it was incredible!  Clean, cheap ($30), departed and arrived exactly on time, comfortable.  Seriously.  I'm not even being sarcastic.  Though I may have gotten lucky, I would totally try it again.  Check it out: Dc2ny.com

Elisa is living in DC now, taking charge of her dreams!  I am SO happy for her and was so glad to get some time with one my dearest.
I defied all odds and only took about 5 pictures the entire time I was in DC.  This is probably because we were too busy talking and I was too busy falling in love with DC. But this was one of the ones I snapped, and it makes me happy.
:)

SO happy to be reunited!

Beautiful E looking out at Adams Morgan.

No comments: