Saturday, August 9, 2008

Missing you Grandma!

I had a terrible wave of homesickness yesterday, as my entire family is gathering in Idaho today to celebrate my grandmother's 75th birthday!!! This is the very hardest part about being so far away. I am fortunate that I hardly ever get homesick, or if I do, a phone call home or whatnot usually is enough to get me through - but missing events like this makes me feel homesick all the way to my bones!

All of that said, I am so happy that everyone is getting together to celebrate my grandma today. She is one of my favorite people in the ENTIRE world, and truly one of my best friends. Since I was little, hearing her voice on the phone has been one of my favorite things ever, and I have never been as relaxed as I am when I spend time with her and Da on the ranch. She is one of the most resilient and adaptable people I know - she has spent her adult life moving all around the world, raising kids. Now she helps run a ranch and is also the best cook in the entire world - one of my life goals is to be able to cook even a portion as well as she does.

I feel so lucky to have such a close relationship with my grandma, especially one as special as mine. I am bummed I am missing the get together, but I am celebrating her from afar!

I am definitely there is spirit today. Happy, happy birthday Grandma, I love you!

2 comments:

Jen said...

happy birthday grandma!

what a sweet life you have. i am so happy for you. your pics look amazing!

miss you.

Kim Fletcher said...

We all missed you and wished you were here & loved your video message to Rita. It was one of those 'count your blessings' days.
Love,
Mom