Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Safe and Sound

I've made it to Grahamstown... safe and sound.
I don't have internet in my room until next week, so the posts may be scant for a bit. I have so much to share from the last two weeks - they have been fabulous.

Leaving Cape Town was bittersweet. I was so excited to get to Grahamstown and see my new home, but very, very sad to leave behind such a wonderful experience with such wonderful people in Cape Town.

Grahamstown is lovely - its very small and nestled between wooded hills.... and there are elephants. And rhinos. Watch out.

I am living in a house with 5 other "post-graduate" (aka graduate) women - they have certainly taken me under their wing and love my accent. AND, when I accidentally break a rule (there are a lot), they just think its because I'm American and let me off the hook. I hope that card holds out.

Anyway, more later. Happy Super Tuesday. (I am currently the resident US coorespondent to all of my hall at Rhodes so I have to stay abreast of these things as everyone expects me to know exactly what's going on and what it means for the future of global relations -- its a lot of pressure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

enjoying your blog.
am going to comment to see if works.
anna